Swim Team Photos & Slide Show
Every year we end the swim team banquet (July 21) with a slideshow featuring swimmers from the past swim season. This year, swim team dad Marcus Chen is putting together the show for us. Every swimmer loves to see his or her face in the slideshow, but to make this a reality, please send him pictures of your swimmers (or any swimmers) for the presentation! He needs the images by Thursday July 19 to incorporate into the slideshow.
There are five easy ways to provide him with your pictures:
1. Upload them to the a google shared folder for 2018 Palisades summer photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/uhBPwubsZpje8Dpo9
2. Email them to email@example.com and be sure to include the names of the swimmers.
3. If your pictures are big or you have a lot pictures, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and he’ll share a DropBox location with you to upload pictures.
4. If you would rather give him a thumb drive with pictures, send an email to email@example.com with your phone number to coordinate.
5. Text them to him at 301-325-6702 and let him know the names of your swimmers.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call cell 301-325-6702.
LINKS TO THIS SEASON'S PHOTOS
Time Trials (6/16/2018)
B Meet 1 vs. Somerset (6/20/2018)
Relay Carnival (7/8/2018)
Here is the Smug Mug link for the 7/14 A Meet (Little Falls), 7/7 A Meet (Merrimack), 7/11 B meet (Little Falls) and 6/20 B meet (Somerset).To access this link, the password is: porpoise
(Email email@example.com for info on how to order pix found on the above Smug Mug link)
Welcome to the Palisades Pool Swim Team
The Palisades Porpoises swim in Division F for the 2018 season and welcome back Head Coach Gerri Diamond and Assistant Head Coach Jen Conklin. Junior assistant coaches Sophie Reilly, Claire Sorkin, and Jack Spector complete the staff. Assistant Junior Coach Chloe Cooper will assist with leading the pre-team. The Porpoises will swim against local pools Bannockburn, Little Falls, and Merrimack, as well as Daleview of Silver Spring, and Hallowell of Olney. There is a place on the swim team for every pool member family with children ages 5 to 18. Wednesday evening meets are for all swimmers and Saturday morning meets feature the team’s fastest swimmers. Registration fees are $150 per swimmer and $125 for siblings. You MUST be an active, dues-paying member of Palisades Pool to join the Porpoises.
Quick Tips For Meet Sign-Ups
- For A Meets on Saturdays: Only indicate whether your child(ren) is available to swim. Gerri will set the roster on a week by week basis and send an email out to the swimmers two days before the meet. You can do this at the beginning of the season if you know your schedule!
- For B Meets on Wednesdays: Parents choose events for their child(ren). Maximum of three stroke events (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, or butterfly) and IM (Individual Medley). However, if your child swam in an A Meet the previous Saturday AND came in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in an event, your child may not swim in that event in the B Meet.